Online Opt Out (Online Form)
This is the fastest way to remove your info from TruthFinder.
Step One: Locate Your Record
- Go to the Opting Out Page
- Enter the first name, last name, city and state associated with your record
- Click the green “Search” button
- Locate your individual record (ensuring it matches your age, location and possible relatives)
- Click the green “Remove This Record” button next to your result
Step Two: Confirm Via Email
- Enter a valid email address in the form
- Tick the Captcha box (to verify you’re a human)
- Click the green “Send Confirmation Email” button
- Check your email inbox (it may take 2-3 minutes to arrive)
NOTE: You must provide an actual email address you have access to in order to complete the online opt-out process.
Step Three: Check Your Email
- Look for an email in your inbox from TruthFinder
- Open the email and confirm you’d like to be opted out
- Check back in 2-3 business days to ensure your record has been removed
IMPORTANT: Make sure you check your spam/junk email folder for the confirmation email.
Phone Opt Out
If you experience any issues along the way, just call (800) 699-8081.
NOTE: We can help you opt out over the phone 7 days a week from 5am-10pm PST (8am-1pm EST). If you call while we’re closed you can leave a message and request a call back during regular business hours.
Traditional Mail Opt Out
Step One: If you’d rather remove your record using traditional mail, send a letter containing:
- Full name (first, middle, last)
- Any additional info to help verify your individual record
Step Two: Address an envelope to (postage required):
ATTN: OPT OUT
2534 State Street, Suite 473
San Diego, CA 92101
Frequently Asked Questions
I didn’t receive a confirmation email after going through the online opt out process
Check your junk/spam email folder first. If you cannot find the email, request another email by clicking the green “Re-Send Confirmation Email” in the online opt out process.
How long does it take for my info to be removed?
Allow up to 48 hours for your record to be fully removed. Keep in mind, we only collect public data and store it in our database. Removing your record from TruthFinder does not ensure your publicly available records and information can’t still be found elsewhere.
Where did my data come from and how did it get on TruthFinder?
We collect publicly available data from federal, state and local governments along with independent sources. Compiling all this data into one place makes it easy for users as they can see it in one place (rather than going to each source individually, which sometimes requires visiting government agencies in person or relying on snail mail).
If I opt out, can I still use TruthFinder?
Yes, if you decide to remove your info you can still use TruthFinder to access public records at your convenience.