Date of last revision: May 24th, 2018
2. Information Collection Practices
i. Types of Information Collected
Personal Information Collected. In order for you to access and purchase products offered via the Site, we may require you to provide information that personally identifies you ("Personal Information"). Personal Information may include the following categories of information: (1) Contact Data (such as your name, mailing address, and e-mail address); (2) Financial Data (such as your account or credit card number); and (3) Demographic Data (such as your zip code and age). If you communicate with us by email, post messages to any of our chat groups, bulletin boards, or forums, or otherwise complete online forms, surveys, or contest entries, any information provided may be collected as Personal Information.
Traffic Data Collected. We may automatically track and collect the following categories of information when you visit our Site including: (1) events data including: (i) Internet Protocol ("IP") address, (ii) access times, (iii) browser type and language, (iv) Internet Service Provider ("ISP"), (v) the pages you visit on our Site, (vi) the Content you view on our Site and (vi) the URL of the page that you referred you to our website; (2) domain servers; and (3) types of devices accessing the Site; and (4) (collectively "Traffic Data"). If you are a law enforcement officer seeking information from TruthFinder about one of our users, please reference our Law Enforcement Guidelines for further information.
ii. Uses of Information Collected
We may use the information collected through through the Site to provide services on the Site and related functionality and services. The collected information may be used for a variety of activities, including to:
Use of Information
- Operate, maintain and improve the Site and its services;
- Enable you to access and use the Site;
- Send you notices, updates, security alerts and support and other messages;
- Provide and deliver the services and features you request, process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service and support;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Site and services it provides and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- Investigate and prevent suspicious or fraudulent transactions, unauthorized use of the Site and other illegal activities;
- Personalize and improve the Site, and provide content, features, and/or advertisements that match your interests and preferences;
- We will send you push notifications in order to update you about the Site’s offerings. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off on your browser or device. Instructions on how to control push notifications are located here; https://www.truthfinder.help/disable-push-notifications/ To ensure you receive proper notifications, we collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information;
- Link or combine with other information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- We use your Financial Data only to verify your qualifications for certain products or services and to bill you for products and services. We do not use your Financial Data for any other purpose; and
- For other purposes about which we notify you or are essential to the Site’s functionality.
Processing of Your Information
By accessing or using the Site and its services or otherwise providing information to the Site, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries and territories, which may have different privacy laws from your country of residence. We may use your Personal Information to send you information about our company and our products or services or to contact you when necessary. We may also share your Personal Information with our partners who may contact you about goods and services they offer.
iii. Cookies and Web Beacons
- Understanding traffic patterns and the number of visitors to the Site and other websites that we partner with;
- Understanding how you use and interact with the Site;
- Improving TruthFinder products and services;
- Optimizing your experience on the Site;
- Providing anonymous individual or aggregate auditing, research, modeling, and reporting for our advertisers and other partners;
- Storing your password so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit the Site;
- Providing you with relevant advertising and content; and
- Managing our Site.
Please note that cookies may be placed by a third party service provider who performs these functions for us. These third parties may have their own privacy policies.
iv. Sharing of Personal Information
If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with any third parties, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or select the "opt out" box on our online forms. In addition, we maintain a procedure for you to review and request changes to your Personal Information, described below.
v. Internet Based Ads
We may also share Traffic Data with advertisers and other third parties who may use it for advertising purposes, including to serve targeted advertising on non-affiliated third party sites. These companies may utilize cookies, pixels or other technologies to collect user information (e.g., hashed, de-identified data, click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information about your online activities on the Site or other websites over time. For example, anonymous information collected across multiple sites may enable the ad network to predict your preferences and show you ads that are likely to be of interest to you. Please note that we do not share any information that identifies you personally with the third party service providers who serve ads on our behalf. To opt out of these types of ads, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative for information about how to opt-out of interest-based advertising by their members. See http://www.networkadvertising.org for general information about the NAI and http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp for the opt-out page. You may also visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ to learn about interest based advertising and how to opt-out from online behavioral ads served by some or all participating companies.
vi. Email Marketing
By submitting your email address via the Site, you are expressly consenting to receive emails from TRUTHFINDER LLC including from TruthFinder’s affiliates, and from third parties concerning offers and advertisements unrelated to TruthFinder. To unsubscribe from receiving email messages from us, from our affiliates or from other third parties, click on the “Unsubscribe” link contained in each email.
vii. Contests, Sweepstakes, Surveys
TruthFinder may conduct or co-sponsor contests, sweepstakes, or other offerings. In such circumstances, the information we obtain from you may be shared with our co-sponsor. Our co-sponsors will have the right to use your information for their own purposes, in accordance with their own privacy policies. If you do not wish for the information we obtain from you to be shared with our co-sponsor, please do not participate in these offerings.
We publish testimonials provided by our satisfied customers on our Site in addition to other endorsements. If you provide a testimonial, we may publish it on our Site using your first name and last initial.
3. Confidentiality and Security of Personal Information
i. User Ability to Access, Update, and Correct Personal Information
At any time you may contact TruthFinder via email at email@example.com to update your Personal Information or request that your Personal Information no longer be shared by TruthFinder. In the case that your credit card, user name, or password is lost, stolen, or used without permission, promptly contact TruthFinder at firstname.lastname@example.org to update the Personal Information we have on file for you. We will respond to access requests within 30 days.
If you wish to deactivate your account, please email us at email@example.com, but note that we may retain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also maintain cached or archived copies of your information. We will retain your information as needed to provide you services and to process your information as requested by you. We will retain and use your information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We will retain your personal information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.
ii. Your California Privacy Rights
TruthFinder uses reasonable security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under TruthFinder's control.
4. Public Information
The Site contains links to websites not operated by TruthFinder. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. Please review the privacy policies of each site you visit. We may also make chat rooms, forums, message boards, and news groups available to you. Please understand that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes accessible to the public. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information in a public forum.